homeabout memy blog designswhat is the big photo challengemy big photo challenge entriesThis Weeks Theme

Monday 28 July 2008

HDR Photography

I just realised the name for the style of photography that I really love. I mean if you can say any kind of photography turns you on then this is what flicks my switch LOL. For those that don't know I'll explain a bit about what I found out. If your looking for a really cool article on HDR photography then I found a great one for you here.

Update - I just had a go at some HDR photography. Photos here - will update later.

before tone mapping


after tone mapping


before tone mapping


before tone mapping


after tone mapping

I still don't really understand quite what the tone mapping is and why in some of my attempts I actually prefer the pre tone-mapped image LOL. Oh well. I was just having a discussion with somebody about HDR photography. She was saying its artificial and rarely needed and she steers her clients away from it. I suppose it depends what your looking for. For my own personal use I like the HDR artificial look. Being a strong kind of style I guess its not to everyone taste. But then I only take photos for my own pleasure. If I like it that's all that counts to me. Obviously its the complete opposite to what aprofessional photographer would want. But I like the creative side of photography. To me its about alot more than creating a classic photograph but more seeing what you can do with it beyond that. if you get what i mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment