homeabout memy blog designswhat is the big photo challengemy big photo challenge entriesThis Weeks Theme

Saturday 9 August 2008

Old Style

I have been wondering for a while how I could make new photographs look old. For some reason I really like that faded and discoloured appearance and also the slightly spotty look of the old photos. The 2 photos below were taken in about 2002 I think. I have aged them using the methods described below the photos. The instructions refer to Paint Shop Pro (version 9).



Effects browser>adjust>colour balance>black & white points>sun faded

And then (optional)....

Effects bowser>effects>artistic effects>half tone>half tone factory default

That adds a kind of dotty appearance to the picture if you look at it close up.

And here's another one that I was tinkering with. I thought it looked pretty authentic but then hubby said it didn't look old at all - so back to the drawing board I think.




No comments:

Post a Comment