homeabout memy blog designswhat is the big photo challengemy big photo challenge entriesThis Weeks Theme

Tuesday 19 August 2008

A thought just occurred to me

A thought just occurred to me. When I look threw various forums and magazines I find the critique of the photos is puzzling to me. It puzzles me that somebody would call a photo slightly under or over exposed for example. How would they know? To me there often looks like there is no difference? So what is the gold standard that these people must be referring to? Who says how dark or light something should be? I'm not talking about the obviously under/overexposed photos. I'm talking about subtle differences.

I like photos with enhanced contrast and saturation so I'd be a little put out if somebody suggested the contrast might be to high. I'm talking about by commenting on a persons photograph you are making some significant assumptions about what effect it was that they were trying to create.

What are your thoughts on this? Leave your comments below.



Too much saturation and contrast? Depends what effect your going for I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment