homeabout memy blog designswhat is the big photo challengemy big photo challenge entriesThis Weeks Theme

Saturday 2 August 2008

Went to Shibdon

Me & hubby went for a drive to Shibdon near Halifax today. Its a small village I think - since we never actually made it there I'm not sure. Or maybe we did and it was so small we passed right through LOL. Its basically all countryside round there and with a picturesque valley its a pretty place. I took some photos but was a bit disappointed with them. Technically they were ok ish - a little under exposed maybe. But as a subject the landscape was a bit average. I don't really know what I was expecting. I turned one of them into an HDR photo but kind of over did it I think. Anyway a little disappointing but something to learn from. I did get a nice photo of Andy over looking the valley though.

I quite liked this view down the valley but I think I got a bit carried away with the intensity o the HDR work.

Another view down the opposite end of the valley

Andy overlooking the valley. Suddenly the clouds went really dark as the rain came in.

A view from across the street - overdone a bit.....doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment