homeabout memy blog designswhat is the big photo challengemy big photo challenge entriesThis Weeks Theme

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Urbex

What the heck is urbex, I hear you ask? Good question, because I just came across it now and it's the first I've heard of it. I just looked it up on Wikipedia...

Urbex is the examination of the normally unseen or off-limits parts of urban areas or industrial facilities.
Source

Ahhhhh...now I get it...I *have* heard of it, I just didn't know it had a name! So, has anyone got any good urbex pics that I can drool over?

Here's a pic to illustrate what urbex is all about...
from wikipedia

And there's even a Flickr group where you can drool over even more pics!

1 comment:

  1. That's cool...I love finding a word to fit something I didn't know had a word. And I love knowing a word lots of other people don't know :) I don't have any urbex pix that I can think of but it would be a great theme for the photo challenge!

    ReplyDelete