homeabout memy blog designswhat is the big photo challengemy big photo challenge entriesThis Weeks Theme

Wednesday 23 July 2008

Scammonden Water

Me & hubby went for a walk around a local reservoir called Scammonden Water. I didn't know it when we set off but this was to be my last trip with the old camera. The walk started off nicely but there were so many flies and insects we were eaten alive. I can still feel them crawling over me. We've both been bitten alive and half way round we decided to turn back because the flies (and no joke there were about 100 buzzing round our heads) were to annoying. The weather was hot and humid and it was making me feel sick. So half way round Andy decides he's had enough of the flies making a meal of him and decides to traipse back to the car well over a mile away by this point. I opted to sulk under a tree and further get eaten alive by the flies. He fetched the car (still surrounded by flies) and we both decided to call it quits. I didn't even get any decent photo because I couldn't stand still long enough for the flies So it was a disaster really. But there was a silver lining to the dark cloud when Andy received a text from Jessops saying my new camera had arrived. So we decided to go for some retail therapy at Jessops and then some liquid therapy at Wetherspoons.

I'll post some pics later but photobucket isn't playing at the moment - grrrrrr.....

EDIT: edited to add photos







No comments:

Post a Comment