homeabout memy blog designswhat is the big photo challengemy big photo challenge entriesThis Weeks Theme

Friday 22 August 2008

Doh

Remember I have been trying to learn how to use the manual functions on my new camera. So last night I'd thought I'd start with shutter speed by waiting till night time and them capturing streaming headlights as the cars went past. Well 20 minutes I sat there and not one car. Just as I was giving up a plane flew low overhead (really low - we live under a flight path near an airport). well anyway great I thought - I'll have my nice streaming lines now. So imagine my confusion when I processed the image and found dots rather than nice streaming lines. How odd I thought - I must of done something wrong. It was only on my way to work this morning that I had the doh moment and realised that of course it would be dotty because plane lights flash don't they. I'd only get the streaming effect with constant light. And I call myself an engineer *slaps head*.


No comments:

Post a Comment