homeabout memy blog designswhat is the big photo challengemy big photo challenge entriesThis Weeks Theme

Monday 25 August 2008

Another Doh!

Rememeber what I was saying in my last post here about the new polarising filter I'd bought which didn't seem to be making any difference? Well I am officially an idiot. You see somebody suggested I tried this filter but didn't explain how it worked. So I plonked it on the end of my lens and just started snapping away. Well nobody told me that you had to rotate the filter until you got the effect you wanted. Apparently there is an optimum rotation angle that depends on the direction that the light is being reflected. A poster at Photography For Everyone suggested that. And then lo and behold I find the same thing written in an article in my September issue of Digital Photo magazine. So at the weekend I think I'll go try that filter out some more - maybe go find some water and hope I don't get eaten alive by insects again.

No comments:

Post a Comment